Irish Language Learners is excited to offer two new Online Adult Beginner classes beginning in January 2021 with an emphasis on Ulster Irish. No prior knowledge of the Irish language is required. The teacher for the new classes, Michelle Furey MeD, BeD Irish is based in County Tyrone and is currently teaching 4 of our 11 classes at Irish Language Learners. Michelle has been teaching Irish to adults for 10 years. The new Spring classes will be held Online via Zoom over 15 weeks beginning on Saturday, 16 January 2021 and ending around Saturday, 22 May 2021 with a few breaks during the semester. The 1-hour class times are 4 PM and 5 PM in Ireland or 11 AM and 12 PM New York time.
The cost of the course is 120 EUR for Members or 160 EUR for New-Members and 180 EUR for Non-Members. Classes are held for 1 hour per week and homework assignments are given to get you started on your journey into learning and speaking Irish.
If interested in registering for one of these classes, please RSVP and we will provide you with the Paypal registration link. Space is limited to 8 students per class.
Topics for the Beginners Classes will be:
- Greetings in Irish
- Talking about yourself and other people
- Describing your family and where you live
- Irish in social situations- ordering food/drink
- Numbers, colours, days of the week, months of the year
- Having a basic conversation in Irish
- Irish cultural activities
- Basic reading and listening skills
- Talking about pastimes, sport and music
No additional materials will be required for this class and all lesson content will be emailed to students after each class.
NEW ONLINE CLASSES (Spring 2021)
- Ulster Irish for Beginners (Saturdays 11 AM New York Time / 4 PM Irish Time) – Taught via Zoom. Limit 8 students. Taught by Michelle Furey based in County Tyrone, Ireland.
- Ulster Irish for Beginners (Saturdays 12 PM New York Time / 5 PM Irish Time) – Taught via Zoom. Limit 8 students. Taught by Michelle Furey based in County Tyrone, Ireland.